Tuesday 8 October 2013

New Researcher Joins the Team


The launch of Pelagios 3 also saw a new researcher join the team. And the identity of the fourth musketeer? Over to you, Pau:



Hi all, I'm Pau de Soto from Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain). I have a PhD (2010) from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) on the use of GIS and Network Analysis in understanding how the Roman Transportation System works in the Iberian Peninsula. Using this methodology I discovered that it is possible to calculate the costs and the times needed to travel along the Roman networks by sea, river and land, from one point to another or from one point to the entire network.

After completing my PhD, I completed a MsC in Geographic Information Systems (2012), before taking a job at the Archaeological Institute of Merida (Spanish National Research Council-CSIC). At the AIM, I’ve been responsible for conducting geophysical surveys in Spanish archaeological sites.
Ok, that’s enough information about me! What am I doing as part of Pelagios?
As a Postdoctoral fellow I will be responsible for the production of Pelagios annotations, including the survey, collation and documentation of primary and secondary literature. I will also work with Rainer to develop new annotation methods and tools. Of course, in true Pelagios style I will be documenting all activity in order to help disseminate that work and continue to build up the community knowledge.
Last but not least I want to thank my new colleagues for the opportunity of contributing to this exciting project. I can’t wait to get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment